Lisa Gansky – 45 Links to Sites that Prove “Access Trumps Ownership”
Lisa Gansky is an entrepreneur, investor, instigator, speaker, and author of the book, 'The Mesh: Why the Future of Business is Sharing'. In this video and article you’ll find info about Lisa, why ‘Sharing’ is the future, plus more than 45 links to useful, disruptive, interesting websites on Crowdfunding, Reuse, and Connected Services.
In this Video Lisa explores the idea that we are no longer driven by wanting to own things instead we now value access to goods and services much more.
Lisa say’s “Last centuries pervasive business model was ownership. We as individuals and as businesses aspire towards ownership. This century we’re moving to a world in which access to goods, services and talent will triumph over the ownership of them.”
Lisa goes on to describe “We’re really looking at better things easily shared” and introduces us to the concept of “The “Mesh” (as described in her book “The Mesh:Why the Future of Business is Sharing“).
In Lisa’s own words:
“Mesh companies create, share and use social media, wireless networks, and data crunched from every available source to provide people with goods and services at the exact moment they need them, without the burden and expense of owning them outright,”
Lisa includes Zipcar, Groupon, Kickstarter, and others among companies successfully using this formula. She refers to these as ‘mesh enterprises’ as opposed to ‘mesh companies’, where everyone involved both directly and indirectly is a part of the enterprise.
“There is real money to be made and trusted brands and strong communities to be built in helping your customers buy less but use more.”
In the video Lisa discusses her ideas and the Mesh phenomenon, bringing them to life through examples that show the internet and ‘constant connectivity’ are more than just facebook and email; that they have generated a new economy with new opportunities.
Here is Lisa’s accompanying presentation.
About Lisa Gansky
Among her many ventures, Lisa was co-founder & CEO of the world’s first commercial website, GNN, acquired by AOL in 1995 (back when there were just 1.1 million internet users in the UK, and under 40 million globally)
Lisa was also co-founder, CEO and chairman of Ofoto, where she and her team grew the business, were successfully acquired by Kodak, and grew Kodak Gallery to over 45 million users before she left in 2005.
Today Lisa advises and invests in many companies, including New Resource Bank, Me Please, Vayable, Loosecubes, RelayRides, TasteBook, Squidoo, Nuko, Greenbiz, Makani Power, Pixelpipe, Mingoville, Convio and Honest Buildings.
Lisa is also the Author of “The Mesh: Why the Future of Business is Sharing”.
Follow Lisa on Twitter @instigating
Learn more about Lisa on her website – www.lisagansky.com
Lisa’s 45 Links to Websites related to Sharing, Reuse & Connected Services
“The future is here – it’s just not very evenly distributed” – William Gibson
- GE Challenge: http://challenge.ecomagination.com/home
- Square: https://squareup.com/
- Paynearme: http://www.paynearme.com/
- Stripe: https://stripe.com/
- Barclays ping: http://www.barclays.co.uk/Mobile/BarclaysPingit/P1242603570446
- Movere.me: http://movere.me/
Community Crowdfunding Links
- Nike: http://www.nikereuseashoe.com/where-it-goes
- Marks and Spencer: http://www.marksandspencer.com/Shwop/b/1672188031
- Recyclebank: https://www.recyclebank.com/
- Greenxchange: http://greenxchange.cc/
- GE Garages: http://www.ge.com/garages/
- Australian mobile recovery: http://www.mobilemuster.com.au/
Community & p2p Links
- Eden project, big lunch: http://www.thebiglunch.com/
- Spinlister: https://www.spinlister.com/
- Zokos: http://www.zokos.com/
- Airbnb: https://www.airbnb.com/
- OneFineStay: http://www.onefinestay.com/
- Thredup: http://www.thredup.com/
- Swishing: http://swishing.com/
- Repair Café: http://repaircafe.org/
Data & Cloud Links
- BBC Olympics: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/2012/
- Github: https://github.com/
- Splunk: http://www.splunk.com/
Products to Connected Services Links
- BMW: http://www.bmw-i.com/en_ww/bmw-i3/
- Daimler: http://www.car2go.com/
- GM: https://relayrides.com/onstar
- Buzzcar France: http://www.barclays.co.uk/Mobile/BarclaysPingit/P1242603570446
- car2go: http://www.car2go.co
- scoot networks: http://www.scootnetworks.com/
- Ford API Open XC: http://openxcplatform.com/
- GM investment RelayRides: https://relayrides.com/onstar
- Tesco kiosk/digital: http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/46808/tesco-trials-interactive-virtual-store-gatwick
- Rent the Runway: http://www.renttherunway.com/
- Fashion for Hire: http://www.fashionhire.co.uk/
Popup/Meanwhile spaces & Community Hacks Links
- 3space: http://3space.org/
- Outsurance: http://www.outsurance.co.za/pointsmen/
- Pothole brigade: http://www.dialdirect.co.za/pothole-brigade-comes-to-town
- Restaurant Day: http://www.restaurantday.org/
- GE Garages: http://www.ge.com/garages/
- Marks and Spencer Shwopping: http://www.marksandspencer.com/Shwop/b/1672188031
- CPH Cleantech Cluster: http://www.cphcleantech.com/
- Life edited: http://www.lifeedited.com/
- Sqft & urban prototyping: http://sf.urbanprototyping.org/
- Honest buildings: http://www.honestbuildings.com/
Further information on Lisa & Mesh:
- Download Lisa’s ‘Mesh Manifesto’ here: http://lisagansky.com/manifesto/manifesto_mesh_english.pdf
- Buy Lisa’s book ‘The Mesh’ here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mesh-Why-Future-Business-Sharing/dp/1591844304/
View more news like this